|Format||Super Audio CD|
|Ordering Number||OC 645|
The Buxheimer Orgelbuch
Organ (Anonymus) ca. 1425, St. Andreaskirche, Soest-Ostönnen
Ebert Organ 1558, Hofkirche Innsbruck
With over 250 pieces, the Buxheimer Orgelbuch is the
most extensive collection of keyboard music before
1600. Created ca. 1460 (1470 at the latest), the manuscript
was preserved until 1883 in the Carthusian
monastery in Buxheim an der Iller (Swabia, South
Germany). After an auction, the manuscript came to
the State Library in Munich.
Joseph Kelemen, expert for historic organs and
especially for German organ music before 1700, has
chosen two instruments for this recording.
Parts of the organ constructed by an anonymous
organ-builder in the Church of St. Andreas in Soest-
Ostönnen predate1425, making it one of the oldest
playable organs in the world. Johann Patroclus Möller
was entrusted with extending it in 1721–22.
The organ in the Innsbruck Hofkirche was built in
1558 by Ravensburg organ-builder Jörg Ebert. It is a
Renaissance instrument with a rückpositiv based on
4‘ pipes that still has features dating from the Gothic.
It is found in the swallow‘s nest on the side wall of the